- How do our rates compare to on-campus housing rates?
When comparing our rates to on-campus rates you must take into consideration many variables, including floor plan layout, square footage, furniture, utilities and community events. Our leasing staff is available to discuss with you how our rates compare to other housing options and validate that our community offers you the best value for your money, as well as a great location and incredible amenities.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the internet?
You will need a CAT 5 (Ethernet) cable. We have internet outlets in each bedroom and common area. Your computer must be configured properly for the internet to work. Your computer or device must be registered as an active device with our internet service provider. We also have community-wide WiFi.
- If I pay in full, do I get a discount?
Unfortunately, The Reserve at Columbia does not offer discounts for rent paid in full. However, prepayment gives you the peace of mind knowing that your account is in good standing at all times!
- Do I have a meal plan?
Meal plans are not offered at The Reserve.
- When is my first payment due?
Fall 2016 residents will need to pay their first month’s installment by July 15, 2016.
- When do I put down a deposit?
There is an $200 non-refundable service fee and a $35 application fee due at the time of lease signing and application, respectively. In addition, your first month’s rent is due on or before July 15, 2016 to guarantee your bedroom.
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
Leases are legal contracts for the said term. Residents are responsible for the entire term of the lease. We offer lease re-assignments for a $200 fee. Please see a leasing professional for further details.
- When can I move in?
Move in date for Fall 2016 is August 14, 2016. Early move-ins are not allowed due to the limited time that The Reserve has to turn over the units.
- What is the cost?
Please visit the Floor Plans page or call us at 573-256-7344 for our current rates.
- How many people live there?
Every year the total number varies just slight, but we have room for 676 residents.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
We do not send any type of invoice for rent. However, rent is due at the first of the month and is consider late after 11:59PM on the 3rd.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of two (2) month's rent.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card? Is there an extra charge?
- Great news! The Reserve at Columbia added a new feature that lets you pay online! View your balance, submit electronic check, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. Just log on to our website, click the “Resident Login” button. After login, you’ll be taken to our resident rent pay portal. There is a convenience charge for this service. However, if you choose to pay with a checking account online the fee is only 99 cents!
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- We take care of everything EXCEPT your electric (required) and land-line telephone (optional). Here is a list of what we provide: water, sewer, trash removal, Internet in every bedroom and the living room (Ethernet & WiFi), digital cable with HBO in the living room and each bedroom.
- How close to campus are you?
We are located 1.4 miles from University of Missouri. We offer free shuttle rides to and from campus Monday thru Friday.
- Is parking available?
- We have ample free parking for you and for your friends who want to come over and hang out with you. All lot parking is free and is first come, first serve. For those who like a little more coverage or the assurance of a reserved spot, you can rent a carport for $25 per month.
- What types of leases are available?
- We offer 10 month installment leases & 12 month installment leases.
- What types of apartments/rooms are available?
- We offer something for everyone! Our floor plans options are: studios, premium studios, two bedroom/two bath, three bedroom/three bath, four bedroom/two bath and four bedroom/four bath.
- Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?
- You are welcome to bring additional furniture with you, but don’t forget that we fully furnished all of our apartments. If you wish to replace some of our furniture and use yours instead, you may be required to rent a storage space here on the property to store our furnishing. Storages are available in different sizes and in varied locations. The best part is the price – they only run $5, $10 or $15 a month.
- What size are the beds?
Our beds are full-size, extra-long. We highly suggest you bring queen-sized sheets, which will work well instead of paying higher prices for “special” sized sheets.
- Do you allow pets?
The Reserve at Columbia is a pet friendly community! Permitted animals must weigh no more than 50 lbs. and aggressive breeds are not permitted. No more than one animal is permitted in a bedroom and no more than two animals are permitted in an apartment.